Join Our Team
TEACH WITH US
Looking to teach in a place with small class sizes, flexibility, and a supportive environment?
Whether you're looking for your first teaching job, next teaching opportunity, or a career change, we're looking for you.
Located in San Antonio and Seguin, we're a team of educators passionate about providing an adaptive and effective learning environment that will prepare ALL students to succeed in the workplace or college.
HOW TO APPLY
Browse our Career Opportunities to the left and APPLY HERE!
Career Opportunities for the 2023-24 School Year
|Teaching Positions In San Antonio||Teaching Positions in Seguin||Non-Teaching Positions in San Antonio & Seguin|
|Special Education Teacher EC-12||Special Education Teacher EC-6||Bus Driver - San Antonio|
|Middle School Teacher||ELAR Middle School Teacher||Custodian - San Antonio|
|Elementary Teacher EC-6||Elementary Teacher EC-6||Foodservice/Nutritional Professional - Seguin|
|Math Secondary Teacher||Math Secondary Teacher|
|Science Secondary Teacher||Science Secondary Teacher|
|Math and Reading Interventionists||History Secondary Teacher|
|CTE Teacher||Instructional Aide|
We take care of you! Here are a few of our benefits.
- Health, Hospital, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - A confidential program offered at no cost that can help you and your dependents successfully deal with life's challenges
- Contributions to retirement (TRS)
- Working days for teachers: 187 per school year
- Five days of PTO
- Subsidized Health Club Benefits
- Career Advancement and Leadership Opportunites: Career Teacher Leaders, Expert Teacher Leaders, PLC Leads, and Mentors
ATTRIBUTES OF A SOUTHWEST PREP EDUCATOR
We are looking to hire a diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals with a firm belief that every child can succeed. Our staff wants to make a significant impact on students’ lives, grow and develop professionally, and be part of an adaptive and supportive community of educators.
- Are passionate about teaching and changing a student's life for the better
- Have a Growth-Mindset to continue to grow as an effective educator through self-evaluation, coaching, and professional development
- Are committed to their job, students, and work-family
- Embody the principles in Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
COME MEET US
Upcoming Hiring Event
LIVING IN SAN ANTONIO
Located in central Texas, San Antonio, rich in colonial heritage, is the seventh most populous city in the United States and the second-most populous in the state of Texas.
San Antonio, TX
Population is 1,598,964
Median Age is 33.6
Median home price is $304,700
We also have a campus located in Seguin, about 37 miles northeast of San Antonio. A smaller, more rural community, Seguin is a great place to live and raise a family.
Population is 30,712
Median Age is 35.1
Median home price is $298,000
WHY TEACHERS ARE CHOOSING SOUTHWEST PREP
Smaller class sizes than typical ISDs provide us as teachers an amazing opportunity to build deeper relationships with students.
Teachers have the opportunity to make a deep impact on students’ lives through our core values — Heritage, Patriotism, Religion, Freedom, Character, Respect, Family, Self-Discipline, Accountability, and Effectiveness.