Browse Job Openings in San Antonio
Southwest Preparatory is always seeking qualified candidates in the areas of Secondary Math, Special Education, and Substitute Teachers
JOB TITLE: District Administrative Assistant
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB STATUS: Full time
REPORTS TO: Superintendent and Deputy Superintendent
Provide support to district personnel by performing duties too varied and diverse to be classified in any specific office clerical occupation, requiring knowledge of office systems and procedures. Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual establishments and may include a combination of answering telephones, bookkeeping, typing or word processing, stenography, office
machine operation, and filing.
• Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
• Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
• Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a
• Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or
explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
• Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
• Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
• Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
• Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating
machines, using computers or typewriters.
• Complete work schedules, manage calendars and arrange appointments.
• Deliver messages and run business errands.
• Inventory and order materials, supplies, and services.
• Troubleshoot problems involving office equipment, such as copiers and postage machines.
• Collect, count, and disburse checks, and do basic bookkeeping.
• Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or checks.
• Process and prepare documents, such as business or government forms and expense reports.
• Make travel arrangements for office personnel.
• Train other staff members to perform work activities, such as using copiers, and postage machines.
• Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, and record and transcribe minutes.
• Count, weigh, measure, or organize materials.
• Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a
• Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) Required
Experience: 5 plus years of experience
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, such as word, and excel
Certificates and Licenses: Non required for this position
Other Requirements: None