Teachers might be Superheroes,
but it's tough to save the world alone.
Getting involved is a great way to show your kids that you take an interest in their education.
Here are some of the ways a volunteer can help:
- act as a classroom helper
- mentor a student
- act as a lunchroom monitor
- chaperone field trips
- chaperone in-school events
- volunteer to speak in the classroom or at a Career Day, if you have a field of expertise that you'd like to share
- join the PTO
How to get started:
- Fill out the Volunteer/Background Check Form
- Give the form to Ms. Salas the Registrar (please bring a photo id when submitting the form)
Remember that volunteering not only benefits your kids. It helps the classroom, the whole school, and the community by giving students positive interaction, support, and encouragement.