SWPRREP Earns a "B" in 2022 TEA Accountability Rating System
Southwest Preparatory School District has earned an overall B rating (91) from the Texas Education Agency’s (TEA) A-F Accountability Rating System. Additionally, our campuses also received letter grades that include:
- Northeast Elementary earned an overall 93/A - awarded for outstanding performance in ELA/Reading, Mathematics, and Comparative Academic Growth
- New Directions earned an overall 91/A
- Northwest earned an overall 95/A
- Seguin earned an overall 79/C and an 83/B in School Progress - awarded for outstanding performance in ELA/Reading
- Southeast was not rated but scored a B in School Progress and a C for Student Achievement
- Northwest Elementary was not rated
The TEA’s A-F rating system is very similar to students' letter grades for their academic assignments. The agency uses the accountability system to evaluate the academic performance of Texas public schools. Its overall rating is based on three domains, which include:
- Student Achievement – evaluates performance across all subjects for students, on both general and alternate assessments; College, Career, and Military Readiness (CCMR) indicators; and graduation rates. SWPREP earned a 71/C in this domain.
- School Progress – measures district and campus outcomes in two areas that include the number of students that grew at least one year academically (or are on track) as measured by the STAAR results and the achievement of all students relative to districts or campuses with similar economically disadvantaged percentages. SWPREP earned an 87/B in this domain.
- Closing the Gaps – uses disaggregated data to demonstrate differentials among racial/ethnic groups, socioeconomic backgrounds, and other factors. SWPREP earned a 71/C in this domain.
The district’s TEA accountability rating reflects our educators' hard work and dedication to academic success for all of our students.
TEA’s 2022 accountability reports and resources are available on TXSchools.gov.