August 26, 2016
Update on Construction of Seguin Campus
For Immediate Release
Due to the inclement weather, primarily the vast amounts of rain that occurred this past spring and this past month, the construction of our Seguin Elementary campus was delayed, much like many other school construction projects throughout the state. While we were all blessed with the rains, as they ended years of historic drought in Texas, rain causes unavoidable delays in construction and no one could have anticipated the amount of rain and length of the rains we experienced. For the past two weeks, we experienced additional prolonged periods of rain that came at a critical time for completing school construction— just before the school year. As soon as it was clear that the facility may be delayed, the administration began searching for other available space adequate to service students. Recent Legislation, House Bill 2610, also provided greater flexibility to public schools in that instead of a set calendar for days of instruction, schools have more flexibility and receive funding for up to 75,600 minutes of instruction. With this flexibility, and because a temporary site was identified that would only be needed for a short period of time, we made the decision in the interest of parents and students to open-school at the temporary site to begin educational services for students, but that we would not seek state funding from TEA during that period of time. Instead, we would provide the 75,600 minutes of instruction at the new elementary campus once completed. These actions were cleared through legal counsel as complying with State law, and were compliant as we are not seeking state funding for time at the temporary space. We appreciate the flexibility provided by the Legislature, the patience of parents and the community as we work to provide this school of choice to the public in Seguin and surrounding communities. We will be open for all preK through grade 5 classes on Monday, August 29 at 2400 E. Walnut, Seguin, Texas 78155. We will post updates and important information to the school’s website at www.swprep.org and on social media. The school staff can be reached at 210-984-3933.
Some pictures from our Seguin Campus 1st Week of School!!!!
Our Newest Campus!!!
· School dedicated to academic success and the enrichment of the Arts.
· Students learning through Project Based learning models to be presented during the year to parents and community.
· Strong Commitment to Community – Each grade level will select a community project that will positively impact their community.
· Students will be encouraged to creatively problem solve through their projects, their commitment to learning and their use of the arts.
· Leadership attributes will be strongly encouraged and taught and encouraged as part of their overall development.
· Morning Assemblies will encourage Character Development, Music, Performance, Leadership, and Patriotism.
· High standards for behavior and academics will be stressed throughout the curriculum.
Southwest Preparatory School Campus Earns Accreditation from Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI)/AdvancED™...CLICK TO READ MORE
NW Campus Multi-Purpose Building
Planned for Spring 2018